Nutrition Testing Techniques at Nourish and Revive
We use a combination of all 10 testing methods and techniques for a complete holistic health picture. This provides for a comprehensive health evaluation and report of findings health plan (ROF)
1) Essential Fatty Acid (EFA) Test
Testing the pH of the saliva helps to determine the levels of Essential Fatty Acids in the body.
EFA testing procedure:
- The practitioner will compare the results to the color chart.
- Take a few seconds to gather saliva in mouth. Place test strip in mouth and hold until saliva saturates the test strip, then remove from mouth
2) Nitric Oxide Test
Nitric oxide is naturally occurring in the body. It improves blood flow to the tissue, allowing more oxygen, nutrients, vitamins, and growth factors to be delivered to every cell of the body. As part of its role, nitric oxide is involved in several functions including blood circulation, nerve communication, healthy sleep patterns, pain and inflammation response, learning and memory, digestion and fighting disease.
Nitric Oxide testing procedure:
- Take a few seconds to gather saliva in mouth. Place test strip in mouth and hold until saliva saturates the test strip, then take out of mouth.
- Fold the two ends of the test strip together for 10 seconds.
- The practitioner will compare the results to the color chart.
3) Zinc Test
Zinc is found in cells throughout the body. It is needed for the body’s immune system to properly work. It also plays a role in cell division, growth, wound healing and much more.
Zinc testing procedure:
- Hold a small amount of the liquid Zinc Test in the mouth for 10 seconds.
- If an immediate taste perception occurs, the zinc status in the body is most likely sufficient.
- A lack of taste or a delayed taste in the mouth may indicate a possible zinc deficiency.
- The liquid Zinc Test can be swallowed after the test is completed.
4) Iodine Patch Test
Iodine is an essential trace mineral that is crucial for proper thyroid function and regulation of your metabolism. In addition to many for more functions, it helps your brain stay alert, muscles contract properly and saliva glands to produce saliva.
Iodine patch testing procedure:
- Apply liquid iodine to the inner forearm. Allow it to dry before touching anything, as it will stain.
- Monitor the patch over the next 24 hours for color changes.
- Email Heidi the time the patch disappears.
The Morphogenic Field (M-field), is a term used to describe the field of energy around the body. If the M-field is small, then we test to see where the client may have deficiencies. The goal of the testing procedure is to determine which specific nutritional, dietary, lifestyle or supplementation recommendations are needed to increase the size of the M-field.
- RED – Foundational Kit: Represents energy of the foundations needed to be healthy. These are the raw materials that are needed to build a healthy cell. This test kit allows us to find nutritional deficiencies of the cells.
- WHITE – Morphogenic Protein Kit: Represents the energy of cellular nucleic proteins. We test to see if specific cells have nutritional challenges.
- BLUE – Immune Kit: Represents energies of known cellular stressors or toxins to the cells. We test to see if there are any toxic blockages to the healing process.
When all three kits have been tested, the next step is to balance the fatty acids at the cellular level. The final step in the MFT Basic Procedure is to reassess the size of the M-field. With all of the nutrients available in the field, the client sees how their energy field has expanded.
6) Nutri-Q© Nutritional Assessment Questionnaire (NAQ)
The Nutri-Q© Nutritional Assessment Questionnaire (NAQ) is a program that evaluates various organs and systems in the body and rates them in a low, moderate or high priority. The report identifies possible nutritional deficiencies and priorities that we will address at your ROF. Based on your responses, the program analyzes the symptoms of your digestive tract (stomach, small intestine, large intestine), liver and gall bladder, blood sugar balancing, vitamin, mineral and fatty acid sufficiency, hormone balance, cardiovascular, kidney and immune function. As part of the nutritional program, the NAQ is taken every 6 visits. The comparative reports are one way to show the rate of your healing progress.
7) Nutritional Therapy Consultant (NTC)
What is Nutritional Therapy?
Nutritional Therapy (also known as Functional Nutrition) is a healing profession founded on the belief that food provides the nutrients our bodies need to obtain and maintain a healthy state of well-being. Establishing a firm health foundation using targeted supplementation and properly prepared, nutrient dense, whole foods, brings balance to the body. Nutritional Therapy seeks out the root cause of illness or imbalances, rather than treating symptoms. Nutritional Therapy addresses the bio-individuality of each person.
How does Nutritional Therapy differ from other nutritionists or dieticians?
Many use a “one-size-fits-all” approach that often promotes a low fat, high grain diet. This approach has been devastating to the health of our country and has contributed to the increasing obesity over the past thirty years.
What can a Nutritional Therapy Consultant do for me?
A certified Nutritional Therapy Consultant is trained to evaluate your nutritional needs and make recommendations of dietary and lifestyle changes along with nutritional supplementation. One of the primary tools exclusive to a Nutritional Therapist Consultant is the functional evaluation that essentially asks the body what it needs using response testing. Once the testing is complete, a protocol is then developed, based on that individual’s unique nutritional needs. The client is retested at intervals based on the length and type of protocol. The protocol is modified during those intervals as the body balances and new priorities appear. A body is like an onion and when one healing cycle is finished, the body may reveal another health concern. As a symptom or illness resolves, new ones may present as the body prioritizes its issues. Lifestyle recommendations may include relaxation techniques, exercise recommendations, dietary recommendations and anything else to help you improve your health. *A Nutritional Therapist Consultant does not diagnose and no comment, protocol or recommendation should not be considered a medical diagnosis. Always consult with your doctor regarding choices about your health.
8) Verified Priority Analysis (VPA)
Verified Priority Analysis (VPA) is a fresh and inventive approach to client evaluations. It utilizes muscle response testing and draws on many decades of established work in this field. However, it goes beyond the usual limitations of muscle response testing by adding steps of verification and determining priorities based on the immediate needs of the body. This style of verification is astonishingly effective!
Our style of allergy clearing is an all-natural, pain-free method for determining which sensitivites may be affecting you. Sensitivities can be evaluated and cleared even when the allergy or sensitivity is not in season. In fact, it is best to have the allergens cleared before the symptoms start. This style of allergy clearing may diminish the effects or possibly remove the allergic reaction.
The technique involves a systematic approach in which communication with the central nervous system and specific acupuncture points are reprogrammed with the brain and body to the new message, which suggests the substances are harmless. This technique should be tried for everyone experiencing multiple food allergies or sensitivities, digestive issues, allergies to the environment, animal fur, saliva and dander. As a follow-up a nutrition program is recommended to assist the body in healing the underlying causes of why you became allergic in the first place. We clear common household allergens, environmental allergens, most common foods, animal fur, saliva and dander; along with other common allergens that you may come into contact with every day.
10) Nutrition Response Testing™ and 11) Designed Clinical Nutrition
This testing technique is very precise and scientific. In Nutrition Response Testing we do not diagnose or treat diseases, but look for the underlying causes that are inhibiting a healthy response. I use a two-step approach:
1. The Analysis
Testing is performed by using the body’s own neurological reflexes (response testing) and acupuncture points. This is a combination of the latest technology paired with ancient Eastern techniques. Each Nutrition Response Testing point can be tested, thus resulting in a system of monitoring your body’s progress. This style of testing has proven to be extremely clinically accurate. This means that the testing technique helps to identify exactly what the body needs, in the order of priority, and how well that need is being met.
How does Response Testing work?
It works similar to an EKG machine where energy runs from the heart to the wires to the machine. The energy information makes a pattern, thus forming a chart of information for the practitioner to read.
In Response Testing, instead of connecting wires to the specific points on the body, the practitioner contacts these points or energetic vials with their hand. With the other hand, the practitioner will gently push on your arm. If that point, organ or system has any weakness, the body will send energy to that area and the arm will lose energy and give away. This is specialized way to very specifically determine if there are energetic imbalances in your body.
Ex: If the gallbladder is found to draw energy during the testing and the arm loses energy and gives away, then the testing shows that that the gallbladder is in need of balancing. The practitioner will then find a balancing protocol using time-tested and the highest-quality nutritional formulas against the weak area. When the right formula is found, the area will become strong, in this case, the gallbladder.
2. ROF – Report of Findings: Personalized Health Program using Designed Clinical Nutrition
In my clinical experience, I have found the correct nutritional supplements, diet and lifestyle recommendations, as indicated by the testing, to produce incredible results! Symptoms are your body’s way of telling you something needs addressing and correcting. Ignoring them will just develop into more symptoms and possibly something more serious. Supporting healthy foundations of the body will help its natural ability to repair and prevent future symptoms. We will help your body identify and remove the blockages that have been causing stress and disease. Your body will repair the damage with the right whole food supplements and nutrition. You will learn how to sustain a healthy, holistic and natural lifestyle. This skill is life changing. Invest in health and protect the future you.
Your health plan will be put together from the compilation of the 10 testing methods and techniques to help you achieve your health goals. This plan will outline areas in need of balancing, allergens, lifestyle, stress, supplementation and food recommendations. Each person is unique and your plan will be designed specifically for your bio-individuality.
What makes this special? After years of clinical research, Nourish and Revive has found and offers the lowest priced, highest-quality supplements available to healthcare professionals. We keep a short inventory of supplements to assure quality and freshness. Our products are not sitting in a hot warehouse for years. Please read about the 3 most recommended supplement lines we offer here at Nourish and Revive:
- Standard Process: Since 1929, Dr. Lee has been dedicated to the field of nutritional supplements and the whole food philosophy. His goal was to provide nutrients as they are found in nature. Standard Process has a 420 acre certified-organic farm and uses methods to safeguard their nutritional value. Once harvested, foods begin to lose their nutrients. The day of harvesting, Standard Process immediately starts creating the whole food supplements, concentrated in a vacuum, cold-process system that preserves all of the active enzymes and vital components. They contain all the complexes, all the enzymes, coenzymes, co-vitamins, minerals and other factors that help the nutrients work together synergistically. These are nutrients that may be deficient in your diet due to the lack of quality or quantity of nutrients in the foods available these days or from past eating habits.
- Energetix: A modern-day company specializing in Homeopathy, Nutritionals and Spagyric Botanicals. Their products help practitioners heal the whole person using the most effective and least invasive remedies for healthcare strategies.
- Homeopathy – A gentle means of stimulating the body’s innate healing ability. It is based upon the belief that like heals like. A homeopathic remedy is simply a dilution of animal, plant or mineral substances. The more diluted they become, the stronger the potency. These substances are highly diluted until very little or none of the original substance remains. • It is gentle and effective. • It is backed by over two hundred years of sound research and application. • It complements the innate healing wisdom of the body. • The remedies are easy to take and pleasant tasting.
- Nutritionals – Supplements are not intended to replace healthy food but should work in concert with proper diet and lifestyle choices. Supplements are a natural and affordable way to ensure that our bodies are getting the building blocks they need for optimal function. Dietary supplements are not drugs; they are designed to supply the body with concentrated nutrition for optimal function.
- Spagyric Botanicals – Spagyric processing is a unique and specialized form of processing that involves three steps: separation, purification & reunification. Spagyric processing, takes a holistic approach. This process produces a liquid remedy that is concentrated, easy to assimilate, and ultra-rich in the desirable properties of the whole botanical. Each Spagyric remedy is a perfect blend of all the healing properties of the plant. The blend contains the essential oils, minerals, salts, and plant extracts while maintaining the subtle energetics seen in homeopathic preparations. This unique process makes the remedies more potent than standard homeopathic and botanicals, and allows a deeper and more profound healing of the body, mind and spirit.
- MediHerb: Co-founded by Kerry Bone, world-famous author and educator on Herbal Healing. MediHerb has the highest quality testing standards for herbal remedies. The strict testing safeguards against: •Substitutions – when one herb is swapped for a different species, poorer or ineffective herb. •Adulteration – cheaper herbs, fillers or pharmaceuticals are never mixed in to the herbal remedy.
These days there are many reported cases of supplements not containing what is listed on their labels. The Washington Post researched and posted a list of top named brands that did not contain the ingredients listed on the label. What they did find were supplements full of fillers and unlabeled ingredients that included potential allergens and food additives. The strict testing by MediHerb is a quality assurance that you are getting what you pay for. This ensures that the herbal remedies by MediHerb are the correct species, the correct plant part with the correct active ingredients. This results in the highest quality and potent herbal remedy formula.
In addition to offering the highest-quality supplements at Nourish and Revive, we offer a small amount of healthy foods. We thank you for supporting our small business and as a thank you, we price our healthy food items, on an average, 15% less than Whole Foods or PCC. This is just another way we are here to serve you.
- Nourish and Revive helps you determine the exact nutrients your body needs to supplement, in order for you to reach your health goals.
- You are recommended these highly-concentrated, highest-quality, therapeutic formulations available to you here at Nourish and Revive.
- Depending on your bio-individuality, recommendations may also include diet, lifestyle and stress relief techniques for the best possible healing results.
Through these testing methods, you can feel confident in the holistic health evaluation. The Report of Findings (ROF) will result in a health plan that will address the foundations and the underlying causes of your health concerns. Every 6 visits, we retest by using all of the 11 testing methods and techniques and offer a mini-ROF. This will show your rate of health progress and updates the health plan with any new findings.
A complete Response Testing is done at each follow-up visit. As the next layers on your health journey are revealed, we will address each layer until you are completely Nourished and Revived! This is the process in which each client gets a completely individualized healing program.
Your body is a mystery, much like opening a combination lock, you must find the right sequences before the lock opens. By following the correct sequence as revealed through Response Testing, there is no guessing about your health plan. With our analysis, we can determine the correct high-quality supplements for you – designed specifically to help your body heal itself.
Is it possible to restore your health?
What could be more natural? What could be more correct? Each cell, tissue, and organ in your body is in the process of replacing itself every day, month, and year. The health of each organ is dependent on making the correct nutrients available to you for the health of your body. Your body’s ability to build and heal itself is amazing and Nourish and Revive wants to help you with a personalized program that offers proper guidance and resources to allow the body to self-correct. When your body trusts that you will be feeding it and taking care of it, it will trust that you will keep doing the same. When your body has reached the point of trust, then it will let go of toxins, heal deep wounds and allow health to return and stay.
Nourish and Revive creates a personalized plan for you that includes proper nutrition, healthy eating and lifestyle recommendations, along with stress management and relaxation techniques. But in the end you are the one responsible for your own health condition. In our experience, if our analysis indicates that you are not a qualified nutritional case, then while a nutritional program may give you some benefit, it may not give you the maximum results you desire. If this is the case, then we will offer recommendations for health professionals that may be a better fit for you. We are here to serve you and will help to assist you on your healing journey wherever and with whomever you need to feel great!
If we both decide that you are a good fit for this program, and with our guidance and recommendations, then your chances of greatly improving your health is excellent!
Nourish and Revive wishes you the very best on your health journey. Your health is in your hands. Just take each healing layer one step at a time and allow health to return and stay! Once we accept your case, you can count on us to do everything in our power to help you achieve your health objectives, and to help you achieve a healthier and happier life.
Heidi Jo Rickard, NTC