Healthy Snack Ideas for Kids (and Adults)
- I love frozen grapes, one of my favorite sweet treats. (Another awesome infographic from Mark Hyman, MD)
- Health benefits of grapes
This Recipe is linked to the Coconut Mama
- 6 boiled eggs, cooled (I used farm fresh local eggs)
- 3 slices of cooked bacon, cooled (Local, pasture raised)
- 5 tablespoons of Coconut Oil Mayonnaise
- 2-3 tablespoons of shredded cheddar cheese (raw milk cheese is best)
1) Slice boiled eggs in half. Carefully remove cooked yolks from eggs and place in blender or food processor.
2) Add 2 slices of bacon, coconut oil mayo and cheese to blender or food processor and blend until mixture is creamy.
3) You can simply spoon egg mixture into egg whites or if you would like them to look a little *pretty*, you can spoon egg mix into a zip-lock baggy, cut the corner of bag and squeeze egg mixture into
4) You can use your third piece of bacon to decorate eggs by simply cutting it up and sprinkling the bacon bits over eggs.
How to Make Applesauce
This Recipe is linked to Elana’s Pantry
- 12 medium apples, peeled, cored and sliced (I use this apple peeler/corer/slicer)
- 2 sticks cinnamon
This Recipe is linked to Multiply Delicious
Yield: 6-8 cakes
- 1 cup sweet potato, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and shredded
- 4 teaspoons coconut flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- dash of nutmeg
- coconut oil for cooking
- In a large mixing bowl add coconut flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt and whisk to combine. Add shredded sweet potato and carrots and toss to evenly coat with coconut flour mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs together. Add to sweet potato and carrots and mix to evenly incorporate.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add coconut oil, just enough to slightly cover the bottom of skillet. Spoon the mixture into cakes that are about 4 to 6 diameters and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Only flip once like you would a pancake.
- Makes about 6 to 8 cakes, depends on the size you make them.